Now in its 39th year, this competition applauds and rewards those members of the media who excel in the reporting of Sport in South Africa today.
Over the last few years, SAB has made a commitment to keep these awards in line with best global practice, listening in earnest to the feedback received from the Sports media in South Africa, past judges, entrants and winners to ensure these Awards are reflective of both the local and global media landscape.
The categories for the SAB Sports Media Awards 2019 are:
- Audio Media Award (Radio and online)
- Integrated Media Award (Photography, written, video and audio media)
- Photography Award (Print and online)
- Video Media Award (Television and online)
- Written Media Award (Print and online)
- The Newcomer of the Year (sports journalists with less than two years' experience in the industry in each category)
- Sports Media Hall of Fame (media who have made a significant contribution to sports journalism for over 20 years).
- Sports Journalists Journalist of the Year (media peer recognition award)
Entrants for the SAB Sports Media Awards 2019 should submit work produced between 1st October 2018 and 30th September 2019.
Entries open at 08:00 on Wednesday 9th October 2019 and close at 17:00 on Tuesday 15th October 2019.
Winners will be announced at an Awards Evening on Tuesday, 26th November at the Wanderers Club in Johannesburg.