Now in its 37th year, this competition applauds and rewards those members of the media who excel in the reporting of Sport in South Africa today.
Over the last few years, SAB has made a commitment to keep these awards in line with best global practice, listening in earnest to the feedback received from the Sports media in South Africa, past judges, entrants and winners to ensure these Awards are reflective of both the local and global media landscape.
The categories for the SAB Sports Media Awards 2017 are:
- Written Media Award (Print and Online)
- Photography Award (Print and Online)
- Video Media Award (Television and Online)
- Audio Media Award (Radio and Online)
- Digital Media Award (To show proficiency across at least two media disciplines with amplification across Social Media channels)
- The Newcomer of The Year for sports journalists with less than two years' experience in the Industry.
- SAB Sports Media Hall of Fame Inductee
- Journalists Journalist of the Year Award
Entrants for the SAB Sports Media Awards 2017 should submit work produced between 1st October 2016 and 30th September 2017.
Entries open at 08:00 on Wednesday 23rd August 2017 and close at 17:00 on Friday, 6th October 2017.
Winners will be announced at an Awards Evening on Thursday, 23rd November at the Wanderers Cricket Club in Johannesburg.